I. Use the verbs in brackets in the Gerund:
1. We delay (to go) to the seaside.
2. She regretted (to do) this mistake.
3. She avoided (to mention) his name.
4. The girls began (to sing).
5. You suggest (to play) chess.
6. I posponed (to meet) him.
7. I admitted (to be) guilty.
II. Replace the Infinitive by the Gerund according to the model:
Model – It is nice to learn German.
Learning German is nice.
1. It is useful to work hard.
2. It is cool to climb those rocks.
3. It is exciting to ride a bike.
4. It is nice to see the pyramids.
5. It is tiring to work all the day.
6. It is a great pleasure to drink red wine.
7. It is nice to swim in the ocean.
8. It is a big mistake to smoke.
III. Put in the Infinitive, Gerund or –ing form:
1. Eva wants (become) a lawyer.
2. I have avoided (drink) milk.
3. I plan (work) full-time next year.
4. I’m sorry for (keep) you waitting.
5. It’s no use (talk) to her. She won’t listen.
6. The police ordered the protestors (leave).
7. Why don’t you tell him to stop (argue)?
8. Why don’t you let her (do) what she wants?
9. I keep (try) his number but he doesn’t answer.
10. She saw Jane (look up) the time of buses.
11. She should avoid (work) hard.
12. The child pretended (faint).
13. Everyone offered (help) us.
14. He began by (ask) questions.
15. I remember (give) you the money.
I. Choose the right verb:
1. John began to (rise / raise) his voice in Parliament.
2. Herman (founded / found) Bonn.
3. She let her embroidery (lie / lay) where it fell.
4. She was been grievously (wound / wounded) by her words.
5. The purse (felled / fell) from her hands and shattered to the ground.
Exercises complete sentences with the correct verb | Learn English verbs
Ergänzen Sie die Sätze mit dem passenden Verben | Lernen Sie Englisch Verbens
Exercices phrases complètes avec le verbe corriger | Apprendre l'anglais verbes
Ejercicios de completar oraciones con el verbo correcto | Apprendre l'espagnol verbes
Exercícios de completar frases com o verbo correto | Aprenda Inglês verbos
Упражнения полные предложения с правильным глаголом | Изучение английского глагола
Other verbs, adverbs, the article, the noun, the adjective,
the adverbs, the numeral, the pronoun, the preposition, the phrasal verbs