I. Work on the model:
Model – Can’t they come later?
No, they must come now.
1. Can’t John finish his work later?
2. Can’t your brother go outside after dinner?
3. Can’t he shut the window later on?
4. Can’t they postpone the meeting?
5. Can’t they help him tomorrow?
6. Can’t Marry wash the dishes later?
II. Turn the following sentences into the past:
Model – Mother must give the girl some water.
Mother had to give the girl some water.
1. He must tell us the truth.
2. You must wake your girlfriend at seven o’clock.
3. You must win the race.
4. She must brush her teeth every morning.
5. She must hurry in the school.
6. She must obey her husband.
7. She must pick some flowers.
8. We must attend to the church every Sunday.
III. Turn the following sentences into the future:
Model – They must go to the church.
I will have to go there.
1. I must hurry in the morning.
2. I must go to the market.
3. We must listen to the priest.
4. The cat must not enter the house.
5. I must take this medicine.
6. I must obtain this job.
7. We must help our friends.
IV. Fill the blanks with must, or have to:
1. The students ......... wear uniforms.
2. You ......... finish the job, if do you need money.
3. I can’t play tennis. I ........ go shopping.
4. This boy ......... earn his living since he was seventeen.
5. As the manager was ill we ......... postpone our meeting.
6. I couldn’t come here yestarday, because he .......... finish my project.
7. If do you want to pass the exam, you ......... have to learn the whole book.
V. Express past probability by using must + have + Past Participle according to the model:
Model – John is very tired (to work hard).
He must have worked hard.
1. Peter didn’t bring me the map. (to forget it)
2. Jack didn’t smoke more. (to give up)
3. I didn’t find my card. (to lost it)
4. Peter didn’t buy that car. (to be too expensive)
5. Ann didn’t find a solution. (to be dificult)
6. Johnny didn’t learn the poem. (to busy)
Exercises complete sentences with the correct verb | Learn English verbs
Ergänzen Sie die Sätze mit dem passenden Verben | Lernen Sie Englisch Verbens
Exercices phrases complètes avec le verbe corriger | Apprendre l'anglais verbes
Ejercicios de completar oraciones con el verbo correcto | Apprendre l'espagnol verbes
Exercícios de completar frases com o verbo correto | Aprenda Inglês verbos
Упражнения полные предложения с правильным глаголом | Изучение английского глагола
Other verbs, adverbs, the article, the noun, the adjective,
the adverbs, the numeral, the pronoun, the preposition, the phrasal verbs