CAN / COULD
I. Work on the model:
Model – Jane can’t ride a bike, but she ........ it years ago.
Jane can’t ride a bike, but she could it years ago.
1. I can’t speak German now, but I ........ speak it when I was four years old.
2. Gramma can’t dance now, but she ........ dance very well when she was younger.
3. I can’t help you nw, but I ........ help you yestarday.
4. I can’t climb very well, but I ........ climb when I was forty years old.
5. She can’t run fast now, but she ........ when she was pupil.
II. Fill the blanks with can / be able to:
1. Tom ....... play the piano well.
2. Although we are tired, we ....... do it.
3. I am sure that you ........ find an answer.
4. She is busy. However, she ......... explain to us how to resolve the exercises.
5. I have been working for him for two hours, but I ......... not finish.
6. I ........ try to do the best.
III. Turn the following sentence into the future:
1. Alice can draw well.
2. We can speak German.
3. Tom can understand him.
4. I can’t count in English.
5. I can invite you in the town.
6. I can ride the bike.
IV. Circle the correct answers:
1. Nobody (will ever know / will be knowing / is ever knowing).
2. She (has made / was made / will make) good wife.
3. Look out! That wall (will collapse / is going to collapse / is collapsing).
4. They said, they (would be leaving / will leave / are leaving) soon.
5. My father (retires / is retiring / will be retiring) soon.
6. She (will have / have / would have) an interview an Friday.
Exercises complete sentences with the correct verb | Learn English verbs
Ergänzen Sie die Sätze mit dem passenden Verben | Lernen Sie Englisch Verbens
Exercices phrases complètes avec le verbe corriger | Apprendre l'anglais verbes
Ejercicios de completar oraciones con el verbo correcto | Apprendre l'espagnol verbes
Exercícios de completar frases com o verbo correto | Aprenda Inglês verbos
Упражнения полные предложения с правильным глаголом | Изучение английского глагола
Other verbs, adverbs, the article, the noun, the adjective,
the adverbs, the numeral, the pronoun, the preposition, the phrasal verbs